Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Stock Tracker APP – New Discovery




Real-time Stock Tracker +Alert push  (is the official name, I think) 

I am probably late to the game, but discovered this APP in the APP store today.  It has a few thousand ratings, and 5 stars, pretty rare accolade for an APP.  I agree with the rating. I have already upgraded it to the full $9.99 (one time) professional version.  This eliminates all the ads – which are the top, not particularly annoying, but eliminating them gives more screen space on the iPad for viewing charts, news and related.

I have 3 or 4 stock market APPs on the iPad, and this one is now, in just an hour, is my absolute favorite.  This is one a real stock broker could appreciate.  It has continuously updating prices on your watch list, allows for portfolio set ups to follow your progress, clearly shows the dividend a stock pays and the % to current price (I think).  It also gives more extensive news on an individual stock, or the overall market than other APP’s. It also shows who is asking what price for a stock you are watching, and how many – quickly I got a sense that one of my mother’s stocks was getting more action as the dynamic quantity of selling offers (at a higher asking price) were developing.

Enough said, their charts are excellent, full screen, and partial, their information is great, the ease of use is excellent.  If you trade stocks, or just like to watch your portfolio from time to time, I think this is THE APP to install. 

If anyone knows a better APP, or problems with this one, please post

PS:  the "alert feature" is a nice idea, but I turned it off for now.  It would send you an email if a stock you are watching hit a certain low, high or volume level -- good idea if you planned to sell it at "X" price, for example.  Or buy it if it hit "Y" price. Normally I do not allow APP's to alert me or push information to me. Eventually this one might be an exception. 

No comments:

Post a Comment