Tuesday, December 3, 2013

TurboScan APP for Smart Phone



There are many scanning APP’s for smart phones, but today I will review the one I just discovered by way of my furnace repairman today.  I liked to see APP's in use by people I know, and hear their story, and this was one of those days.  My repairman is a skilled smart phone user ---  for business purposes --- so I trust his judgment. He uses TurboScan ($2.99).  

I have a few other scanner APP's (all scanners use the smart phone camera) but they are not exactly first class in their performance.  The demo I saw today from my friend, the repairman, was amazing.  He took a photo of a full sheet of printed instructions. The APP actually took about 4 photos quickly, and then selected the one that was best quality. Then he cropped it to get out anything that was not "the document" that was in somehow visible in the photo. Then he was given choices:  Email it to Myself  --  Email it to Someone Else --- Print it to a wireless printer, and so on.  It would go out as a PDF file.  On top of that, the APP enhanced the document, making the text black and the background white, very professional looking – and there were choices on the enhancement techniques.  But all this took place very rapidly.

He told me he could photograph a repair bill or anything and email it to a client or his own office, using this system, and he did that often.  It would come into the client’s email in-box as a PDF, and they could print it, forward it to the person who would be paying the bill, or whatever.  I saw the results, and it was very good looking. 

So, if you have tried a few scanning APP’s and not been satisfied, you might want to try this one.  I purchased it and will be testing it shortly.  I love my Evernote as well, which does some similar things, with OCR recognition for searching as well.  And Evernote stores the documents you photograph in their cloud. But they are also stored on all your computing devices as a backup.

No comments:

Post a Comment