Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Forward Progress -- With Battery Powered Lawn Equipment



I know this is not exactly high tech, but certainly it is “tech”.  Useful new products that are Green – that is, battery powered using Lithium Ion batteries.  Cordless, gas-free, maintenance free.

I ordered this B&D hedge trimmer from Amazon, tested it this morning and am amazed, impressed that such a tiny battery, only 20 V, Lithium Ion, can be so powerful. I gave out before the battery did.  It is very light, and very easy.  I highly recommend this if you need a trimmer.


I also ordered a pole saw, to cut limbs, and bushes.  This time I chose GreenWorks, a new brand to me, but highly recommended on various websites.  It uses a much larger, heavier and more powerful battery.  40 Volt.  It is beautiful to look at, and I am sure will be very powerful based on many reviews on Amazon and other sites.  Take a look if you need a trimming tool, 10 inch chain saw at the end of an adjustable length stick, should be safe and easy.


BOTTOM LINE --  battery powered lawn equipment has come a long way, and I will probably never buy one with a cord or a gas engine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment