Monday, August 17, 2015

Distance From One City To Another



We have all used MapQuest for years, but today I discovered a new way to get quick answers to the question “How far is it from X to Y ?”  

www.distancesonline.com/   Distance On Line is a neat little website that will tell you just that, and more.  It shows you the travel time in hours and minutes, and the average speed you can expect to make (less than you would hope for, probably).  It also allows you to enter the price of gasoline, and it will compute your fuel cost to go from A to B.  It also shows a step by step driving sequence, just as Map Quest does.  Maybe not as good, hard to say.  But for quickness, this website beats them all.  I used it twice tonight to get my bearings on an upcoming trip to a place I have never been before. 

I like the Satellite mode as well, it shows a nice real estate view of where you are going, and you can easily scroll down (with the mouse wheel) onto individual homes (as I did on some homes on Sunset Beach, for example).  

No comments:

Post a Comment