Sunday, January 3, 2016

What Is The Best Travel Reward Credit Card?



This question comes to my mind often, especially when I have to pay the annual fee on my two credit cards. I primarily use a card that is connected to my most often used airline, but have considering changing to get a better deal. There is a new website that advises individuals on the best ways to stretch their budget (www.wisebread.com) and I noticed today they had a nice article on choosing the most valuable (profitable) credit card.  All cards have good and bad aspects; however, this article spells out some excellent choices.

http://www.wisebread.com/top-5-travel-reward-credit-cards?ref=nav

I found it interesting that they came up with the same #1 choice as several other stories I have read in magazines of all types.  It is the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card

Chase Sapphire Preferred®  has a booking site and you get 20% off travel booked there if you have the card. The card offers double points for dining and travel transactions (1 point per $1 on other purchases). No foreign transaction fees. The annual fee of $95 is waived for the first year. You earn 50,000 bonus points when you sign up, if you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months. That's $625 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.

Therefore, by switching cards you could pickup $625 in free travel the first year, not a bad deal. Will switching cards every few years hurt your credit rating?  Please comment below, especially if you have experience in this matter. I am curious.

PS – the Wisebread website appears to be new, and incomplete, not yet a great resource, so I can’t recommend it other than the reprinted credit card article.

No comments:

Post a Comment