Thursday, March 15, 2012

News for iPad Owners (or the curious)


Today’s WSJ has a good story on the new iPad (3).  Mossberg says it is an amazing device and solidifies Apple’s total leadership in the pad phenomenon.  The retina display is twice as sharp as HD TV.  Read the story if you have time or interest.  He said the 4-G phone connection was seamless, and it made the pad run at wi-fi speeds all the time, no matter if you had wi-fi or not.  The really good news is, normally 4-G saps the battery fast, but Apple has more or less solved that, and this one works super well.

I just downloaded 5.1 for my Apple iPad 2.  I don’t know if you have tried downloading 5.1 yet, but the download was ragged last night. So I tried again today, and it came down fine.  Hint – pre-close all open apps before attempting to download.  If you don’t know how to do that, e-mail me.

Also, once 5.1 was downloaded, suddenly 5 of my 40 or so apps gave off an update signal.  So I updated them. In the past few days, 10 or more apps have issued updates, my guess is “in response to the 5.1 software upgrade” that everyone is doing. 

I have a new app called App Deals, by Appsfire (search for it in the app app).  It is not that great, but was highly rated.  Their today’s best app suggestion is AppZilla2, 120 utilities in 1.  With 2.5 million downloads and mostly 5 star rating, it might be worth a look.  I am searching for better app-suggestion app’s.  If you know any great ones, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment