Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Grip Pad For Car Dash & Blue Tooth For Visor




I have long used a piece of no-slip material that “semi-sticks” to the dash (without any adhesive or residue) to hold a cell phone, Mi-Fi or other device.  I have found these devices to be very useful, the phone gets better signal on the dash, and so does the Mi Fi –and it is also a good place for other things.  They don't move, even in hard stops, starts and turns, and yet are not "stuck' to the pad either.  Nice.

 But over the summer my favorite version got overheated and ruined.  No more sticking. 

So, I set out on a quest to replace it.  Not as easy as I thought.  I tried on the net and after many looks on Ebay and other places, ordered one for $3 including freight, and another type for a  little bit more.  Some offerings were up to $10 and more (ridiculous prices)

Then, I went to Western Auto / CarQuest and bought a $5 version that seems to work, is pretty tacky and thus grips objects and the dash well.  Has little ridges on it.  Then, tonight I found an excellent one (see photo) at Wal Mart for $3.00 ----   in the automotive department, under a category called "Cell Phone" accessories. 

PS --- I use Blue Tooth "hands free" phone device that clips to the sun visor, after trying two brands, and reading many reviews, the one I have now is outstanding, battery life is  exceptionally long and it shuts off the battery if there is no vibration for an hour (car is parked).  It was highly rated.  Amazon was the end source.   The phone just sits on the dash --- on the grip-pad.  If you are interested in buying one, here is the link, it is on sale for $40, I paid $79,  I believe.  It is a very good deal at $40 with free shipping.  Has noise cancelling and other top end features. 

No comments:

Post a Comment