Wednesday, February 20, 2013

IPad Operating System and YouTube



I upgraded my iPad operating system to iOS 6, and, as per the magazine stories, the standard YouTube icon was no longer standard. You must download it from the APP store, and it has a new icon look.  I tried it, and was a bit surprised that I actually liked the new look and feel.  It has many more options and also picks up your channels and favorites from the more normal YouTube website. I found it to run smooth, and fast, no matter the customer complaints in the comment section in the APP store.  I was having the opposite, balks and stops with the old version and old APP.  I noticed that a few children’s cartoon/music posts were full screen whereas many other posts were ¾ screen more like letter box. There is no option to improve the viewing from “auto” quality up to HD (assuming the posting person put it up in HD).  I can do that adjustment on the website, and often do. But the excellent iPad screen makes most of my favorite music videos looks quite acceptable. Perhaps the best new feature is my ability to instantly find and play my own uploads, even though they are all private listings. I could not do that with the old, standard YouTube icon in the old operating system. Of course I am logged in permanently with my password, so there is a closeness there. It appears that Google and Apple are cooperating again in making the iPad and other Apple products a cross-the-aisle compatible experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment