Sunday, February 16, 2014

Audio Books Downloaded To iPod


I enjoy listening to audio books in the car, or while walking for exercise (Bluetooth headset, via iTouch type iPod).  I had been an Audible subscriber years ago, now Amazon bought them and has stepped it up a notch. You can buy the books discounted on AZ ($30 audio books for about $10 if they are very current, maybe less if they are older).  This can be done without buying a monthly membership.  Same book would be about $7 each with a monthly membership which would have some free Wall Street Journal stories and interviews thrown in, I think.   

Today I bought my first book using the new system (The ONE Thing).  It is 24 chapters, 5 hour plus playing time – several long car trips. To activate I had to put a new APP on the iTouch, “Audible”.  It is very well designed, and it found where I had purchased the book (using a normal PC) and downloaded 77 MB in a few minutes. It has its own player built into the APP, with much versatility.  Actually should be easier than iTunes player to navigate.  If you want more information, or to add your experienced with this, leave a comment.   

No comments:

Post a Comment