Monday, May 19, 2014

Graze – Gourmet snacks in a box. Once a week.



A new company on the web  http://www.graze.com/us has stepped on the scene.  A friend showed the system to me, and I signed up.  I get one box of snacks every week, or every two weeks (you choose frequency) for $6 a box, shipping included.  It fits in your mail box.  But the 1st  and 5th. weeks are free, so the net cost is lower.  And you can elect to have $1 given to charity if you like.

At first I thought it was just a gimmick, but I am surprised I actually like the things in my first box -- which arrived today. The food items are either unique, or a great take on an old item. The quantity of each is small, so it would push this box to last me a week.  I am about 25 % into my first box and it is day-one. You can browse the website, and select from a huge list of options to mark as “favorites”  I suppose they plan your surprise box each week based on those preferences.

One of the four choices in my first box, which I just tried, is “bonnie wee oakbakes”, little cookies with a sauce to dip them in.  The sauce is onion and orange, something like that, a new taste altogether. Not bad.  The concept is to give you an attractive way to snack that is more healthy – and likely would draw much attention if you put it on your desk at work.  I an in for 6 more weeks, maybe.  Will evaluate the happiness factor after that.  It certainly is better tasting that similar snacks that sell for about $1 to $2 a package in health food stores.   

They either advertise in Men's Health or they have had a story therein.  Other magazines as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment