Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Help Stop Spam And Other Useful Advice



If you receive unsolicited e-mail offers or spam, you can forward the messages to the Federal Trade Commission at spam@uce.gov.

Bonus advice of the day --- A friend told me he decided to photograph all of his credit cards (using a smart phone camera, I presume).  While typing all that information into a data base is good, photography was so quick and easy and he said it was amazingly clear.

An alternative use:  I photograph business cards, and could probably photograph credit cards as well, using the camera function in Evernote (one of my most used Apps on my PC and my mobile devices).  Evernote uses OCR (optical character recognition) to allow you to then search any photograph that has text or numbers in it, and it will retrieve it instantly, highlighting the requested text or number in yellow. Don’t ask me how it works, it is a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment