Sunday, August 17, 2014

Shout Out -- Audiable (now an Amazon Company)

First, after a considerable absence I re-joined Amazon's Audible.  As you may know, it has a fabulous APP now for smart phones, and iPod Touch devices.  The experience now is vastly better than when I didn't have those apps, and Amazon was not the owner of the company.  Audible still has an amazing array of audio books, even the Wall Street Journal is available, you choose the articles.  With cell phone use on the highways coming to an end soon, I think being able to listen to New York Times, or Wall Street Journal in your car, on the way to work might become more popular than in the past. 

Last night I downloaded a Bill Bryson book I wanted to read (listen to).  A Walk In The Woods.  I have listened to 3 other of his books, and loved them.  I pay $7 a month for Audible, and gain "credits", I can use to purchase audio books.  This one was $20 to non members, but only 1 credit for me, and I had 3 credits in my credit-bank.  What a nice system.  Whether walking for exercise, or riding distances, or even in town, I enjoy the extra knowledge and enjoyment I receive from this system.

No comments:

Post a Comment