Monday, July 20, 2015

Blue Ice Buying Tips

In hot times like these, there is always a need for those blue freeze packs of convenience ice for coolers. The reusable kind. Generally the color is blue; you freeze them in the freezer, and use them to keep food and beverage items cool in transit from home to beach house or vice versa.

I have used this kind of product for 20 years or more, and have used several different brands that have lasted that long.  But finally the question of leaks and safety has come up, and I decided to investigate replacing my freeze pack inventory – various sizes, small, medium and large.

The search took some time, so I will share my final decision.  After studying Amazon and EBay and Wal-Mart, I have decided the best quality for me is a Rubbermaid’s product called Blue Ice.  It has the most reviews on Amazon and the most favorable reviews.

Blue Ice is certainly not cheap, I wouldn’t even say the price is reasonable.  But after reading some “leak stories” about lesser priced brands (in Amazon reviews) I have settled on Rubbermaid for safety.  If you have found another brand that has held up well, please comment below. I believe that some brands have dropped quality in the last 10 or 20 years, possibly due to changes in the factory process, the raw materials, or “origin”.

No comments:

Post a Comment