Saturday, May 27, 2017

Edison String Lights For Your Backyard Patio



Edison String Lights For Your Backyard Patio

I recently purchased this brand and type from Amazon and in the process, learned a fair amount about the topic.  I have seen them all my life, but didn’t realize how many variations there were, or how to purchase a quality set that will last. Here is the link:  The brand is AMLIGHT …


Here are some of the features

1.     the lights are 2 feet apart, many brands have lights 4 feet apart (too far for my taste) 
2.     the bulbs are visible filament Edison types, nice low light soft glow, and they shipped 18 bulbs for the 12 slots, so you have spares.  But they last many years I think.
3.     these are commercial strength strings with high quality, waterproof, sockets for the lights
4.     they can be strung end-to-end, up to 10 strings (it says one place, another place it says 2 strings?  I think 10 is more correct).
5.     each bulb has a ring above which can be used to hook it to a gazebo roof or something, or, to string a strong cable wire through to hold the lights up for long distances – they sell the cables on Amazon.  The cables are not visible in magazine photos, but probably many of the nice strings you see are really supported by the nearly invisible cables. 
6.     there are less expensive strings around, but are “home” quality not commercial, and are basically not as nice looking or nearly as long lasting, I chose the good stuff. 

I am very pleased with my first string, and have ordered two more strings to make the entire deck even more pleasant at night.  Fortunately I already had another lighting system in place from 10 years back (the old rope light idea) so I had a very handy water proof receptacle in place, so install was super easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment