Saturday, February 18, 2012

BBC News App For I Pad

I have 5 or 6 news apps on my iPad, but some are pretty poor, overall.  My favorites like Wall Street Journal and USA Today will remain, but I might delete Fluent News, and some others.  

Yesterday I discovered, quite by accident, the BBC app.  It is so good, I just can't describe it in print.  It is good looking, easy to use, full of photos and videos, super fast loading, easy to e-mail stories to friends -- and even has a single button that will stream BBC radio news to your iPad speaker -- and it works flawlessly. If you own an iPad (or similar device) you owe it to yourself to try this one.  It has hot breaking news, and doesn't color the news with subtle opinions.  It is closer to pure reporting than some of the other services.

And, (drum roll) it is FREE !  And seems to be free of ads as well.

PS --- Finding good apps is very difficult in my opinion -- I found this one as a by product of doing something else.  Please share your favorite apps as comments to this or any other of my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment