Thursday, February 16, 2012

CraigsList -- you don't hear as much about it anymore

In the past I have used it to sell football tickets, and it was a wake up call.  The e-mails wanting to buy flowed in faster than I could answer them.  In the end, for every post I made, I got 20 plus responses.  Sold every ticket promptly.  Usually met the buyer at a Target Store after work, something like that. 

Today I discovered the Craigslist app for the iPad.  It is a terrific app.  I think it is much better and easier to use than the website. Searches are fast, clear, and now some have color photos of the things they are selling. It deserves its high rating in the app store (and its free)

I highly recommend you download the app, if you have any thoughts about buying or selling something on Craigslist.  Today's search was for a nearly new stainless steel dishwasher to replace one that is wearing out. I didn't find what I wanted, but I only had time to look at one day's listing -- today's listings.  Have you tried it?  My daughter used it to sell a washer and dryer -- they sold the same day she listed them (when she lived in Florida). I know many landlords now use it exclusively to find renters.

It has certainly hurt the sale of newspaper classified ads.   Please leave a comment on your experience.

Wonder why it didn't go public?  or did it ?  All these hot websites seem to be having an IPO lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment