Tuesday, April 24, 2012

86 % Of Digial Photos Never Leave The Memory Card


86 %  of all digital photos we take never leave the memory card.  Why?

We are all time-challenged, and the task of doing something useful with the photos can be a little daunting (and we usually get around to it when we are very tired and don’t have the energy for it).

I have found that my best long-term satisfaction is creating a photo-book, where the printer uses their ink, not mine.  One of my good friends found some of these books on special for an incredible price. I was able to create two photo books of my family trip last summer – each containing about 100, full page sized photos, for maybe $65 total.  This would be about 1/3 rd. the normal price. 

Otherwise, I put most of my photos up on Picasa website, where I pay a little extra for larger storage, and as an insurance policy that they won’t go out of business (as Sony did) and lose my photos in the cloud.  These are little slide shows, and I can easily e-mail them to friends.  I can also e-mail single photos to friends using that system. 

Other recommended websites for storage and sharing:  Shutterfly, www.shutterfly.com, SugarSync  www.sugarsync.com,  Flickr  www.flicker.com.  While these are good, so far my tests with them haven’t pleased me as much as Picasa.  Picasa will also seamlessly move my photos to my Walgreen’s account for in-store printing via on-line ordering. I have quit posting up my photos on Walgreens site, as it had some working issues and I got frustrated with their system.  But they still do decent (cheap) printing. Try www.BHG.com/digital for some more ideas. 

Non-digital photos ?  BH says “send that box of old nondigital photos to a service such as www.ScanDigital.com, or www.ScanCafe.com.  For about 25 to 50 cents a photo, you’ll receive a disk of images.  These companies use high grade, professional copy techniques to get better results than “home copying” systems found in retail stores. 

Please post a comment on your favorite photos sharing site, or other ways to make digital photos more useful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment