Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Car Radio Repair



I have an older car, and the cassette player is broken.  And another car where the CD player (6 CD changer) is not working.  Car dealers for both cars have told me they do not do that kind of work.  See an audio shop.  I have, and they have not been helpful.  They sell replacement aftermarket radios, but don’t care to fix broken ones. The ones they sell look like jukeboxes to me, and would not be my choice of a car radio. They are expensive as well. 

So, I discovered this website  http://www.carradiorepair.com/  they do mail-in repairs. They give instructions on how to remove your radio (based on make and model) and you mail the radio to them, and they fix it, and mail it back.  You put it back in yourself.   I am going to give it a try, I filled out the paperwork for an estimate on-line today.

A local audio shop told me they would remove my radio for $10 and put it back for $10.  That suits me, as I am not keen on doing my own removal and reinstall.  If anyone has tried this system, please comment.  Or if you have another suggestion on a fix, please comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment