Sunday, January 22, 2012

Angie's list, I am parting ways

Angie's List,   a highly advertised service to find home repair persons, medical doctors and others has been around for quite awhile.  I resigned from the service tonight.

They charge by the month, taken from your credit card (I believe) and are very hard to deal with.  I have tried to cancel my subscription before, to no avail.  My current subscription lasts until May of 2012.  Why they have to have you hooked for a year or something, I don't know.  If you don't pay attention, they renew you for a year automatically.  Great cash flow for them, but, personally, I never use it and think it is a waste of money.  There are other ways to get good information on workers.  And many times I went they had little to offer in the way of help --  they rely on users to post comments and ratings.  Yelp does this for restaurants.  I have rated 80 plus restaurants in the short time I have used Yelp.  I like to see Yelp ratings, but it seldom guides me totally unless I am out of town and don't know where to find what (close to my hotel).

If anyone knows any reason to stay in Angie's list, please add your post.  It is not easy to exit, I had to do on-line chat with them, and they tried to retain me before they would accept my cancellation.

No comments:

Post a Comment