Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Coupons On-Line – a few Tips



There are many websites that offer up coupons and check-out codes to give customers big discounts. This holiday season I have used these sites several times and saved from 20% to 70%.

www.retailmenot.com  is one of them, but there are many others.  www.coupons.com     http://coupons.walmart.com/    For example, I use Kellog cereal and they have a coupon for $1.00 off on 3 boxes at WalMart.  That’s a sizeable saving and I always buy at least 3 boxes at a time. Just Google up something with the word coupon in it, and the name of the store you would like to use.  Such as "coupons and discounts for Snapfish" .  Many choices of sources for the discounts.

Remember $1.00 saved at checkout is multiplied by the savings of sales tax (6% to 8%) and by the personal income tax and FICA taxes.  You have to earn a good bit more than $1.00 to have $1.00 to spend.  It could be more like this “for every $1.00 saved at checkout, you really saved $1.35 in pre-tax income”.   Where else can you get a 35% extra return on your money? In one day? 

Today I found glossy photo paper, highest quality, for 70% off, I bought two boxes to spread the freight to more product. It was on-line.  Amazon. Obviously a close out, from some seller, but why not get more for less?  I have used the brand before, and love it. 

Final hint -- I have discovered that some on-line vendors have two nearly identical websites, but one has the normal prices struck through and a much lower price printed in red.  I suspect this is because somewhere, they have direct-mailed some print advertising to attract some first-time (new) customers, and the URL printed links to the discounted price page. I accidentally found one of those discount type  pages and saved 50% on some printed product a few months ago.  I book-marked that page for future use.  I might save big money again on a reorder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment