Friday, December 11, 2015

Productivity Apps for Phones--PC's



Wunderlist is one of the best productivity apps for task-management, especially if you don't need every feature under the sun and are hoping to keep your costs to nil.


Recommended by PC Magazine and Dr. Tom Hill, a power tech user, it is worth checking out.  To-do lists that work across platforms (enter something on the PC, but see it on the mobile phone or vice versa) and other features make such products highly useful as compared to just carrying around a handwritten list.  Those with a to-do list at the start of a day tend to accomplish more (per hour) than those who don’t. As a person grows older, they sometimes lose some short-term memory so these productivity apps could help people over 50 years old remember what they went to the store for, or who they need to call.

Personally, I use Evernote as my productivity App.  I use it so extensively, 20 times a day or more, that I have sort of made it into my to-do list helper as well.  I have a code word I put on a memo “Take To”.  After that word is the store name, or the location name.  For example  “Take To Target”  would be my list of things I need to remember to buy at Target – new items or recurring things I prefer to buy there (expendables).  When in such a store, or before I leave for a visit to a vacation property, I look at the “Take To” file for that location to remember to take the keys, certain items I will usually need there, and so on.  If there is something extra to take, I add it at the top of the “normal list” and then delete it after it is no longer necessary.  

Since Evernote searches on word strings, putting in "Take To" before a store or location will bring that up first on the search list.  This does not solve the daily To Do needs, so for that, I have an Evernote file called To Do  -- often followed by a modifier – like Business Item  or Personal Item  or Long Term Solution Needed.

https://evernote.com/  Evernote – the best memo, and address saver program I have found, and I have had several of them over 15 years. All emails in Evernote are “hot” on both PC’s and phone, all phone numbers are “hot” on the phone.  It also can find text in photographs of business cards or photographs of signs, making searching a real pleasure. Out with paper, in with instant access to photos of that paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment